Saturday 1 June 2013

LIVE BROADCAST: On the Move 2

So I am now on the return leg of the journey. I felt nervous again at the start of it, especially when getting on at Chippenham... the 'hell' back in 2011 set in within minutes of setting off so that first bit was always going to be most difficult. I tried to compose myself, again by reading the newspaper and listenihg to music, even tough I did'nt particularly feel like it!

I even tried utilising mindfulness... i.e when my mind began to wander into dangerous territory, I focused on the words on the newspaper page... even if it was about fairly depressing topics. It's all about making the most of what's around you, and not takingbthem for granted, no matter how mundane they may seem.

Having this tablet really helps to... I've been able to email my friends and that really helps to take my mind off things. You could argue that blogging about anxiety in a situation like this is silly, but being open about it, even to the few people who may read this post, seems to help a bit.

There's still a longbway to go. The train is due in at 8, and it's currently half 6 so it's too early to be complacent. But it would be nice to get home and say that the techniques I have learnt have actually had a positive effect. Don't get me wrong, thisvhas stilvbeen a biger challenge than I would have liked, and the aura of anxiety has not helped in my quest to actually enjoy my visit. But overall I have, and hopefully I can try and enjoy more train challenges in future.

And yes, dreadful spelling. But I fear a repear of what happened last time if I try and rectify it!

Best wishes
Al

No comments:

Post a Comment